According to a Gallup poll, 75 percent of Americans believe in some form of paranormal activity. The United States has had a collective fascination with the paranormal since the mids, and it remains an integral part of our culture.
This book examines three of the most vibrant paranormal gatherings in the United States: Lily Dale, a Spiritualist summer camp; the Roswell UFO Festival; and the American Society of Dowsers' annual convention of "water witches", to explore and explain the reasons for our obsession with the paranormal. Academically informed, this book takes readers on a "road trip" through our nation, guided by the author, a professor of American religion.
- The Blessing of the Lord: Riches, Wealth and a Life of Abundance.
- Teaching the Paranormal and the Occult?
- Understanding, Preventing and Overcoming Osteoporosis!
- Pastry: A Master Class for Everyone, in 150 Photos and 50 Recipes?
He interprets seemingly unrelated case studies of phantasmagoria collectively as an integral part of the modern discourse about "nature" as ultimate reality. When, where and how did they realize that they had this spiritual magnetism? Bridget investigates all that and more in her weekly podcast.
- Haunted Ground?
- Piano Piano che ho fretta Release 1.1.7 (Gente in Movimento) (Italian Edition).
- 25 Ghost Tours Across America That Aren't for the Faint of Heart.
- Sprechakte - was tun wir, wenn wir sprechen? (German Edition).
Login Email Password Having trouble logging in? Toggle navigation.
Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode. Paranormal and Pop Culture Prof. Apr 15, What happens when you open the portal to the super natural?
lesmicepco.tk Bridget Marquardt Bridget Marquardt is best known to television audiences and pop-culture connoisseurs as the sweet and brainy star of E! Private Premium Login.